Wellness is a series of positive choices that enable one to live a more fulfilling and fulfilling life. Including wellness programmes in schools is considered a sound educational strategy as they are the single largest employer in the country. School wellness begins with employees and extends to students and communities. Several top private schools in Chennai (https://www.internationalvillage.org/) have started wellness programs not just for employees but also for students.
This article will discuss why schools must ensure that their wellness investments are successful and how they can do so. Learn more here.
What Is Wellness Programs And What Are Their Different Types?
According to the Oxford Dictionary, wellness is defined as “the state of being in good health, particularly as a goal actively pursued.” There are several types of wellness, including social wellness, spiritual wellness, physical wellness, and the ability to adjust to stress, changes in one’s life, and difficult situations. Social wellness includes engaging in mentally stimulating activities and resuming old ones.
Employee wellness programmes can help students develop positive attitudes toward healthy living. District decision-makers can ensure that all employees have access to healthy resources. Employee wellness programmes benefit students and educators, and the district as a whole.
Similarly, social wellness is defined as the ability to maintain strong relationships with others and with oneself. As the saying goes, catch them when they’re young and watch them grow.
5 Reasons School Wellness Programs Are A Smart School Strategy
In many ways, a school is like a small business. It makes sense that school-based wellness programs are successful since they mimic small businesses. A school’s staff and faculty wellness programs are successful because many people work together daily.
Wellness programs can benefit students in multiple ways. Famous schools in Chennai incorporate social wellness programs for the following reasons.
- School-based wellness programmes can reduce employee-related expenses by encouraging students to be physically active.
- School wellness committees should include individuals with excellent suggestions and hands-on experience.
- Schools already have many facilities and tools to help students develop regular physical activity and healthy eating habits.
- Wellness programs also offer healthy food options, and cafeterias and vending machines offer healthy food options.
- Schools with effective wellness programmes include wellness-related training sessions in mandatory school meetings. These sessions are also included in district newsletters and online communications.
What Makes A School-Based Well-Being Program Effective?
School-based well-being programmes are effective if they are designed properly and implemented with the appropriate technology. Here are a few ways top private schools include wellness programs in their curriculum.
- Conducting special fitness classes for students and employees. Schools even form hiking clubs during the summer months.
- Providing opportunities for physical activity and a nutritious diet.
- Combining physical education with nutrition, health, and nursing to help students develop healthy habits.
- School wellness programmes should focus on physical activity, a nutritious diet, and abstinence from smoking to prevent chronic diseases.
After taking part in a school wellness programme, many school employees begin to engage in their wellness activities on their own time. A school wellness programme can also effectively improve health behaviours, reduce elevated health risks, and increase productivity.